Sunday, June 15, 2014

Father's day cake
















See? I told you that the regular obsessive baking posts would return soon.

Today I made a cake based on a beautiful one I saw here a while ago. Mine is quite a bit smaller, as I only made one layer, but I think that doing so made my first shot at the surrounding chocolate cage a bit easier. I would recommend doing the same to any other newcomers to chocolate decorations.

The cake was for my dad, as today is father's day here in Canada. My father is a big fan of all things chocolatey (a trait he passed on to me), so I thought this would be just right!

My dad's a pretty great guy, even though I don't tell him that enough. He and I have a lot in common. We both are foodies at heart, and often try out new restaurants before my weekly flute lesson. We both are huge fans of live music, and like to go to festivals in the summer time. We're both interested in history and morality, and he's one of the few people I feel comfortable sharing my philosophical musings with. He's also an extremely hard worker, and a person who's determined to do what's right.

So thanks dad - for trips to the gum store, teaching me how to ride a bike, for eating my early attempts at baking (and saying it was delicious), for the concerts, and for always being enthusiastic and encouraging.

Hope you like the cake.

xoxo E


No comments:

Post a Comment